The Adoption Support and Preservation Program (ASAP) and the Guardianship Support and Preservation (GSAP) programs are designed to support and promote a family’s success on every level and at every stage of the adoption and guardianship journey. We provide evidence-based, trauma-informed therapeutic and educational services that are individualized to meet the unique needs of adoptive and guardianship families. Our seamless, statewide system of intensive in-home services, diverse educational offerings, and supportive enrichment activities are available to any family who has adopted or assumed guardianship or is pursuing adoption or guardianship through the public child welfare system in Tennessee or another state in the U.S. Adoption services are also available for families who have adopted through private, domestic or international channels.
Harmony’s innovative continuum of services includes:
- Adoption and Guardianship Preparation Training prior to adoption finalization or guardianship assumption
- Parent Education designed to gain a better understanding of trauma, its impact on your child, and effective strategies to support and encourage family well-being
- In-home, trauma informed assessment and family-focused counseling
- Crisis Intervention to restore stability and safety within the family unit
- Case Management – including referrals and linkage to community services
- FUSE Groups – Families*United*Supported*Engaged – a dynamic group experience offering training, support and connection for pre and post adoptive parents as well as guardianship families – including a separate therapeutic kid’s group for ages 5 and older
- Relief Team Development to help families identify supportive individuals who will provide emotional and tangible assistance to the family during times of difficulty
- Animal Assisted Programs including Equine Assisted Therapy/Learning and paws for kids
- Family Camps at historic Camp Montvale situated on 364 wooded acres at the foothills of the Chilhowee Mountains
Families who have or will be finalizing their adoption or guardianship relationship through the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services (TN DCS) are eligible adoption and guardianship services at no cost to the family. Families who have adopted internationally or privately are eligible to receive ASAP services on a sliding scale fee basis.
Our Adoption and Guardianship Support and Preservation team members are available from 9:00 – 6:00 PM ET. Families may contact the ASAP|GSAP Helpline at 888.848.2727 to request services or to learn more about the program. Referring professionals are encouraged to contact the Helpline with any questions and may refer adoptive or guardianship families for services by contacting 888.848.2727.
If you would like to make a referral for ASAP Pre-Adoption or GSAP Pre-Guardianship Services, please contact your Permanency Specialist.
To submit an online request for ASAP Post-Adoption Services or GSAP Post-Guardianship Services, please complete the form below.