The Adoption Support and Preservation Program (ASAP) program is designed to support and promote an adoptive family’s success on every level and at every stage of the adoption journey. Harmony provides evidence-based, trauma-informed therapeutic and educational services that are individualized to meet the unique needs of adoptive families. ASAP’s seamless, statewide system of intensive in-home services, diverse educational offerings, and supportive enrichment activities are available to any family who has adopted or is pursuing adoption through the public child welfare system in Tennessee or another state in the U.S. as well as internationally or privately.
ASAP’s innovative continuum of services includes:
- Adoption Preparation Training prior to adoption finalization
- Parent Education designed to gain a better understanding of trauma, its impact on your child, and effective strategies to support and encourage family well-being
- In-home, trauma informed assessment and family-focused counseling
- Crisis Intervention to restore stability and safety within the family unit
- Case Management – including referrals and linkage to community services
- FUSE Groups – Families*United*Supported*Engaged – a dynamic group experience offering training, support and connection for pre and post adoptive parents – including a separate therapeutic kid’s group for ages 5 and older
- Relief Team Development to help families identify supportive individuals who will provide emotional and tangible assistance to the family during times of difficulty
- Animal Assisted Programs including Equine Assisted Therapy/Learning and paws for kids
- Family Camps at historic Camp Montvale situated on 364 wooded acres at the foothills of the Chilhowee Mountains
Families who have signed an Intent to Adopt or who have finalized their adoption through the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services (TN DCS) or through the child welfare system in another state are eligible for pre and post adoption services at no cost to the family. Families who have adopted internationally or privately are eligible to receive ASAP services on a sliding scale fee basis.
Our Adoption Support and Preservation team members are available from 8:00 – 6:00 PM EST. Families may contact the ASAP Helpline at 888.848.ASAP to request services or to learn more about the program. Referring professionals are encouraged to contact ASAP with any questions and may refer families for pre and post adoption services by contacting 888.848.ASAP.