Harmony provides training on trauma responsive care in our local and regional communities, throughout Tennessee, and across the nation. In addition to providing training for thousands of foster and adoptive parents in Tennessee each year, Harmony has trained the majority of the education staff for Maryville City Schools and Blount County Schools as well as school psychologists, counselors, and social workers for Knox County Schools. Harmony is currently involved in training over 1,100 staff for the Children’s Defense Fund – Freedom Schools, a national summer literacy and civic engagement program.
Harmony staff are regularly invited to present at state and national child welfare conferences and presented at the Third International Neurosequential Model Symposium in Banff, Alberta, Canada. We hosted the first ever Neurosequential Model College in partnership with The Neurosequential Network and held an additional day of experiential learning events for sensory intervention strategies at Camp Montvale for child welfare staff from around the country and Canada. Annually, we host one of the largest Foster Parent Conferences in the country and have hosted the ASAP National Conference (2015) and the National Permanency Conference (2017).
Our staff also provide consultation and technical support on trauma responsive care to community organizations, faith-based and civic groups, schools, and child welfare agencies. Our training and consulting services include:
- ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences)– (Building Strong Brains Tennessee curriculum)
- Beyond ACEs – Trauma Responsive Care Strategies and Techniques
- Introduction to The Neurosequential Model (non-certification):
- The Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT)
- The Neurosequential Model of Education (NME)
- The Neurosequential Model of Caregiving (NMC)
- The Neurosequential Model of Sports (NMS)
- Monthly Webinars on Trauma-Responsive Care for Parents, Caregivers, and Professionals
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)
- Adoption and Guardianship Preparation
- Foster Parent Training
- Custom Training
- Harmony can create customized training to meet the unique needs of your organization or school
- Conference workshops and keynote addresses
- Consultation and Technical Support for implementing Trauma Responsive Care
For more information about our training and consulting services, please contact Keith A. Bailey, Ph.D., Training Director.
For more information about Harmony’s programs and services, please contact Nicole E. Coning, Family Preservation Director.