Since 1996, Harmony has provided innovative programming and therapeutic services across the state of Tennessee impacting more than 172,000 children, families and individuals. In partnership with the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services, we offer support for children and families at every phase of the foster care and permanency journey. From the completion of foster and adoptive home studies for prospective parents, to identifying a forever home for children and youth in need of permanency, to in-home post-adoption counseling, and throughout the many other facets of the journey, Harmony has been a trusted ally and support for thousands of individuals and families throughout Tennessee.
Harmony has always been committed to standing in the gap where there are unmet needs which has led to the expansion of our services to include training our communities on the impact of trauma, animal-assisted therapies, outpatient services, and therapeutic camps at our Montvale facility.
We are committed to continuing to create innovative opportunities for healing and growth so all may live their best lives.
- Staff and the Board of Directors are committed to and aligned with Harmony’s Mission Statement, Service Philosophy and Vivid Image while honoring our legacy.
- Staff, Executive Team, Managers, and the Board of Directors effectively navigate Harmony’s growth utilizing the Continuous Improvement Process.
- Maintains strong partnerships with the Department of Children’s Services and is committed to exceptional programming.
- Is locally and nationally recognized for innovative and effective programs.
- Has collaborations across the state and country that further our work and mission.
- Will broaden the impact of our therapeutic service array, meeting the needs of children, adults, families, and communities through innovative, trauma-responsive treatment.
- Will maintain the necessary operational infrastructure to support programs effectively.
- Montvale is recognized as a dynamic resource for children, families, and professionals and offers a welcoming space for our community.
- Is an active member of our community and is prepared to be supportive and responsive as needs arise.
- Is a team that the best and brightest strive to join.
- Maintains a culture of acceptance and curiosity and continually seeks opportunities to support a healthy work-life balance for our staff while giving them the tools they need to best serve their clients.
- Values and promotes diversity in staff and leadership.
- Staff are empowered to collectively strive for excellence and connection with one another.
- The Board of Directors celebrates the opportunity to serve and support the work of the agency.
- The Board of Directors finds opportunities to introduce the agency to the community in new and exciting ways as well as seeking ways to further financial growth and stability.
- The Board of Directors supports the CEO in developing innovative strategies to diversity funding, expand, and sustain programming.