The Adoption Support and Preservation Program (ASAP) and the Guardianship Support and Preservation (GSAP) programs are designed to support and promote a family’s success on every level and at every stage of the adoption and guardianship journey.
We provide evidence-based, trauma-informed therapeutic and educational services that are individualized to meet the unique needs of adoptive and guardianship families. Our seamless, statewide system of intensive in-home services, diverse educational offerings, and supportive enrichment activities are available to any family who has adopted or assumed guardianship through the public child welfare system in Tennessee. Additionally, families who have adopted through the public child welfare system in another state and subsequently moved to Tennessee are eligible for ASAP services. Families who have adopted through private, domestic, or intercountry channels are eligible for ASAP services on a sliding scale fee basis.
Harmony’s innovative continuum of services includes:
- Adoption and Guardianship Preparation Training prior to adoption finalization or guardianship assumption
- Parent Education designed to gain a better understanding of trauma, its impact on your child, and effective strategies to support and encourage family well-being
- In-home, trauma informed assessment and family-focused counseling
- Crisis Intervention to restore stability and safety within the family unit
- Case Management including referrals and linkage to community services
- FUSE Family Events – community social events are held across the state to provide adoptive families with fellowship, support, and the opportunity for family connection in an accepting environment staffed by professionals with lived-experience as adoptive parents
- Relief Team Development to help families identify supportive individuals who will provide emotional and tangible assistance to the family during times of difficulty
- Therapeutic family and day camps at historic Camp Montvale situated on 364 wooded acres at the foothills of Chilhowee Mountain
Families who have or will be finalizing their adoption or guardianship relationship through the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services (TN DCS) are eligible for services at no cost. ASAP services are available on a sliding scale fee basis to families who have adopted internationally or privately.
Our Adoption and Guardianship Support and Preservation team members are available from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM ET. Families may contact the ASAP|GSAP Helpline at 888.848.2727 to request services or to learn more about the program. Referring professionals are encouraged to contact the Helpline with any questions and may refer adoptive or guardianship families for services by contacting 888.848.2727.
To submit an online request for ASAP Post-Adoption Services or GSAP Post-Guardianship Services, please complete the form below.
If you would like to make a referral for ASAP Pre-Adoption or GSAP Pre-Guardianship Services, please contact your DCS Permanency Specialist.